Saturday, March 9, 2013

Music 1-2-3

One

Fourteen weeks ago I enrolled in a series of lectures about the history of Western classical music, the most delightful course I ever took. Even people who know and enjoy classical music can benefit from this great series, presented by Nir Lichtig. Nir presents eloquently and chooses great listening pieces. The venue was superb for the series, the Felicja Blumental Music Center and Library in Tel Aviv. At the course I met fellow music lovers, one of them, Moty Hermann, writes a music blog. Sadly, next Thursday is the last lecture of the series, as all good things must come to an end. Or not. I'll look for a set of DVDs (perhaps published by the BBC?) and try Nir's other series, focused one more specific subjects. I'm addicted. 

Two

The illustration above belongs to artist Teodora Vlaicu (whom I know personally) and is taken from her page on ArtFlakes, a great site to explore and order prints. For US readers: use her page on FineArtAmerica.

Three

My choir will sing at the Passover choral festival in Ein Hod. Come and listen, although our sound will be somewhat unbalanced as two baritone singers will not participate.

No comments: